These are our core accounting qualifications.
Learners completing these qualifications will have a full understanding of what is to be expected from a professional accountant at work, able to produce and interpret a full range of financial information and accounts.
On successful completion of a Level 5 qualification in Accounting there are a number of progression opportunities.
Learners may progress to:
- employment or have increased opportunities for progression in their current role
- larger qualifications at the same level e.g. from the ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Accounting to the ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting
- a level 6 ATHE qualification such as the ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management
- the IFA Direct Programme as a pathway to IFA Associate Membership (having completed the ATHE Level 4 and Level 5 Extended Diplomas in Accounting)
- the final year of degree programmes at a higher education institution.
- On successful completion of the Level 7 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Finance, learners are able to progress onto a Master’s top-up degrees in Accounting and finance-related subjects.
Each of our qualifications’ details are contained within a qualification specification document which includes the learning outcomes, assessment criteria, indicative content and further information.
Qualification specifications can be downloaded on their individual pages.
All ATHE recognised centres can access suggested assignments, resources and teaching and learning guidance documents for management qualifications by logging in to the ATHE Portal and clicking on ‘Qualification Guidance’ on the first page.