ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting
The ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting has been designed to develop the essential understanding and skills needed to provide the awareness of the accountancy and tax regulatory environment, the operational requirements for the accounting and finance function and what is expected of a professional accountant.
The Level 4 Accounting qualification is available as a 120-credit Extended Diploma or a 60-credit Diploma. The qualifications are graded Pass, Merit or Distinction.
At a glance:
- Provides 8 mandatory units for 120 credits
- Provides 4 mandatory units for 60 credits
- Designed with support from professionals
- Graded Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of following:
- a GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades 4 and above
- other related level 3 subjects such as ATHE level 3 Diplomas
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- other equivalent international qualifications
Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
Membership of a Professional Body – the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA)
The ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting can be studied as part of the progression route to gain IFA membership through the IFA Direct Programme. For further details click here.
ATHE qualifications can be used for progression to relevant bachelor’s and master’s top-up degrees through a growing number of UK and international universities.
The IFA is an internationally recognised professional accountancy membership body. It is a full member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) the global accounting standard-setter and regulator. Further details can be obtained from the IFA – www.ifa.org.uk or email@example.com
ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting Core Units
- Financial Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Budgetary Control
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Personal Taxation
- Business Environment
- Economics for Business
- Law for Accounting