Business and Management
ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management
The ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management was developed in 2016 with support and feedback from UK universities.
The qualification covers key areas of management such as Finance, HR, Marketing and Personal Development and prepares learners for a range of careers. It also provides entry to an MBA top-up at a range of universities in the UK and overseas. The qualification typically takes 9 months full-time study to achieve and is considered by many to be ATHE’s flagship product. As well as the Extended Diploma option (120 credit) there is a Diploma option (60 credit).
At a glance:
- Provides 5 optional pathways; General, Finance, Marketing, Managing People and International
- Designed with support from universities
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Progression to an MBA top-up at a range of university partners – www.athe.co.uk/progression
- Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
Units and Pathways
The optional units chosen will determine which pathway is achieved. Alternatively you can choose any 3 optional units and achieve the general pathway. In addition to the Extended Diploma there is a Diploma option (60 credit). For more information on which units are required for each pathway, see pages 11 to 20 of the Qualification Specification.
You can progress to an MBA Top-up from the ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management. The MBA Top-up typically takes 9 months to study and varies in price from £3,360 to £6,250 depending on which university you apply to. For information on MBA top-ups please see www.athe.co.uk/progression
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 19 +
- A first degree in business, management or related subject
- A level 6 qualification, for example an ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management
- May also have relevant work experience
Changes in the revised 2016 qualifications
We have responded to feedback from higher education providers and centres and included a number of new features in the revised qualifications.
- All units will be graded Pass, Merit and Distinction and learners will receive an overarching grade of pass, merit or distinction.
- We have revised existing units in response to feedback and added new units such as International Finance
- We have developed pathways which will enable learners to specialise in an area of their choice if they prefer. These pathways are:
- General (unendorsed)
- Managing People
- We have created two sizes of qualification – 60 credits and 120 credits