ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Information and Digital Technologies
The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Information and Digital Technologies is a 60-credit Ofqual regulated qualification and is the equivalent level to an A Level or Access to HE qualification. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to a Bachelor’s degree and may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required.
The qualification aims to provide learners with the underpinning knowledge and understanding of a range of topics within the Information and Digital Technology environment. These topics will allow learners to develop practical and theoretical approaches to solving problems and finding solutions using Information and Digital Technologies.
This qualification sits within a suite of ATHE L3 qualifications, which is called the International Access Programme (IAP). Each qualification has a credit value of 60. Learners may choose to study one or more of the qualifications in this suite. Extending the learning to more than one qualification will increase knowledge, understanding and the development of a range of study skills. It will also increase the total number of credits achieved so learners are more qualified to access higher education, higher level apprenticeships or employment.
At a glance:
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK – See the latest Qualifications catalogue
- Progression to a bachelor’s degree at a range of university partners –https://www.athe.co.uk/progression-routes
- 600 learning hours, usually studied over 4 months to an academic year
- Designed with support from universities
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or blended learning.
Learners must complete all 7 mandatory units.
To see the contents of each unit you can view the Qualification Specification.
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Introduction to Computing Mathematics
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Introduction to Digital Technologies
- Introduction to Emerging Technologies
- Introduction to Mobile Application Development
- Introduction to Web Development
Learners who complete this qualification can progress to study a variety of bachelor’s degrees at a university such as one of our partner universities. For information on ATHE university top-ups please see our Progression Routes here.
Age: 16 +
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above or Grade 4 and above
- other related level 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Information Sheet
- Request a Fee Structure relevant to your country