Health and Social Care
ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a 60-credit qualification and is the equivalent level to an A Level or Access to HE qualification. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to a health and social care degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required.
At a glance:
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK – See the Qualifications catalogue
- Progression to a bachelor degree at a range of university partners – www.athe.co.uk/progression
- 600 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Designed with support from universities
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
Learners must complete all 4 mandatory units.
To see the contents of each unit you can view the Qualification Specification.
The Health and Social Care Sector
To develop an understanding of the structure of the health and social care sector, how legislation and codes of practice impact on provision and the importance of multi-disciplinary working.
Academic and Research Skills for Health and Social Care
To develop academic and research skills and the language skills needed to be able to formally present academic research, both in writing and orally.
A Person-Centred Approach to Health and Social Care
To develop an understanding of the importance of a person-centred approach in the health and social care sector and how it is applied in practice in different health and social care settings.
Communication Skills for Health and Social Care
To develop knowledge and understanding of communication in health and social care organisations and to develop personal communication skills.
Learners who complete this qualification can progress to study a bachelor’s degree in a related subject. Please contact individual universities to confirm if you are eligible to apply for a bachelor degree.
Age: 16 +
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related level 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications
ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care Core Units
- The Health and Social Care Sector
- Academic and Research Skills for Health and Social Care
- A Person-Centred Approach to Health and Social Care
- Communication Skills for Health and Social Care