ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Law
The ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Law is a 120-credit Ofqual regulated qualification and is the equivalent level to the first year of a university degree. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to university and, when taken in combination with the ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law, allows learners to progress onto an LLB top-up degree programme (the final year of university).
At a glance:
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK
- Progression to Level 5 and ultimately to university
- 1200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Designed with support from universities and industry professionals
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning
Learners will gain an appreciation to the significance of contract law in commercial, consumer and social contexts.
Learners will explore fundamental principles and components of the English Legal System, the judiciary and the civil and criminal process and will gain an appreciation of how the main principles underpin all substantive and procedural areas of law.
Learners will explore the aims and nature of criminal law and its function as a protector of the State.
The unit will enable learners to identify the significance of the separation of power and the sovereignty of Parliament, as well as the importance of human rights norms.
Progression Routes Further information on our agreed progression routes with university partners can be found here.
Age: 18 +
- A level 3 qualification in law or legal studies such as the ATHE Level 3 in Law
- Equivalent international qualifications
ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Law Core Units
- Contract Law
- Legal Methods
- Criminal Law
- Public Law