ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law
The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law is a 120-credit Ofqual regulated qualification and is the equivalent to the second year of a university degree. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to university and, when taken in combination with the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Law, allows learners to progress onto an LLB top-up degree programme (the final year of university).
At a glance:
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK
- Progression to university LLB top-ups or other Level 6 study
- 1200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Designed with support from universities and industry professionals
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning
Equity and Trusts
Learners will explore how equity interrelates with other legal topics and how equitable principles apply in domestic and commercial context.
This unit will equip learners with knowledge of the European Union legal system and the main substantive aspects of the European Union laws.
Learners will explore the meaning of real property, the types of legal and equitable interests in land, the principles of registration and its purpose and the rules behind the operation of selected proprietary rights.
Law of Tort
Learners will explore how tort interrelates with criminal law and how social and political decisions impact on the understanding of negligence.
Further information on our agreed progression routes with university partners can be found here.
Age: 18 +
- A level 4 qualification in law or legal studies such as the ATHE Level 4 in Law
- Equivalent international qualifications
ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law Core Units
- Equity and Trusts
- EU Law
- Land Law
- Law of Tort